College Application Week
Welcome to William Penn’s College Application Week (Month)!
Steps For your College Application Week Session:
1. Apply to a College or University.
2. Create a Parchment account for transcripts. Special Common App/Parchment instructions
3. Complete the William Penn Exit Survey.
4. Complete your Letter of Recommendation Form
5. Keep working on your Senior Workbook
Click HERE for all CAW Fee Waiver Codes
School name and address:
William Penn High School (Code 080125)
713 E. Basin Road
New Castle DE 19720
School Counselor email addresses:
Ms. Bryant Brandy.Bryant@colonial.k12.de.us
Ms. Martin Sarah.Martin@colonial.k12.de.us
Mr. Coleman: Jason.Coleman@colonial.k12.de.us
Mrs. Handy-Hayes: Rachel.Handy-Hayes@colonial.k12.de.us
Ms. Basilio: Adrienne.Basilio@colonial.k12.de.us
Dr. Capone: Andrew.Capone@colonial.k12.de.us
Ms. Whitehead Shauna.Whitehead@colonial.k12.de.us
Click on a School to access their application
Here are some other useful links:
To find out if your school accepts Fee Waivers from College Board Click Below:
College Application Fee Waiver Search
Stand By Me is offering the following workshops virtually: Paying for College, Scholarship Presentation, FAFSA Walkthrough, and Paying for College for Juniors along with FAFSA Completion Assistance by appointment.
Click here to view the current workshop dates:
THINK YOU CAN’T AFFORD COLLEGE? THINK AGAIN!
You may qualify for the SEED or Inspire Scholarship if you live in Delaware and graduate from a Delaware high school. You must start college in the fall following graduation to be eligible.
SEED Scholarship Info
- SEED: You need at least a 2.5 GPA (80%) and can attend college tuition-free at Delaware Technical Community College or the University of Delaware’s Associate in Arts program for up the six semesters. The Student Excellence Equals Degree (SEED) Scholarship Program was initiated to ensure that finances do not keep good students from going to college. If you attend a Delaware high school, keep your grades up (2.5 GPA required) and stay out of trouble, you have the opportunity to go to Delaware Technical Community College or the University of Delaware’s Associate in Arts program tuition-free. The University of Delaware’s Associate in Arts Program (AAP) gives students the option to first earn an associate’s degree at the Dover, Georgetown, or Wilmington campus, then transition to the Newark campus to earn their Bachelor’s degree. Students in the AAP program are also eligible for a SEED scholarship.
- INSPIRE: You need at least a 2.75 (80%) and can receive at least $3,900 per year toward tuition at Delaware State University for up to eight semesters. Learn more at Inspire Scholarship. The scholarship program is subject to available funds appropriated by the Delaware General Assembly. Inspire Scholarship recipients must continue to make excellent academic progress towards a degree and must complete at least ten hours of community service per semester.
Students still need to satisfy admission and financial aid requirements as determined by the school.
STEPS TO APPLY
- APPLY FOR FINANCIAL AID AND SUBMIT A FREE APPLICATION FOR FEDERAL STUDENT AID (FAFSA) BY THE PRIORITY DATE OF APRIL 1* TO THE FEDERAL PROCESSOR. A STUDENT MUST APPLY FOR FINANCIAL AID BY SUBMITTING A FAFSA.
- SUBMIT AN APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION TO DELAWARE TECH BY APRIL 1. APPLY EARLY!
- PARTICIPATE IN THE ACCUPLACER COLLEGE TESTING AND PLACEMENT PROGRAM OR PROVIDE OFFICIAL SCORES FROM SAT TESTS TO THE CAMPUS ADMISSIONS OFFICE.
- VISIT YOUR CAMPUS ADVISEMENT CENTER FOR ADVISEMENT AND COURSE REGISTRATION.
- SUBMIT YOUR FINAL OFFICIAL HIGH SCHOOL TRANSCRIPT BY JUNE 30* TO THE CAMPUS FINANCIAL AID OFFICE.
- YOU WILL RECEIVE NOTIFICATION OF YOUR PRELIMINARY SEED AWARD ONCE YOU COMPLETE THE FAFSA, APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION, AND ANY OTHER FINANCIAL AID REQUIREMENTS.
- YOUR SEED SCHOLARSHIP WILL BE VERIFIED ONCE YOUR FINAL OFFICIAL HIGH SCHOOL TRANSCRIPT IS RECEIVED SHOWING A FINAL 2.5 OR HIGHER CUMULATIVE GPA.
- * IF THE DATE FALLS ON A WEEKEND OR HOLIDAY, THE DUE DATE WILL BE THE FOLLOWING BUSINESS DAY. LATE APPLICATIONS AND TRANSCRIPTS WILL STILL BE CONSIDERED FOR SEED AS LONG AS FUNDING IS AVAILABLE.
UNDERSTANDING FINANCIAL AID
- Log onto studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa
- Click NEW TO THE FAFSA® PROCESS?
- Complete both student and parent portion