Colonial School District-Preschool Information:
Students with disabilities attend for free and are offered free bus transportation. To register a child with and IEP visit our main office or contact our Colwyck Lead Secretary, Erin Kirby at firstname.lastname@example.org. To make a referral for a special education evaluation, please contact our Colonial Child Find Team at email@example.com.
Families of students without disabilities must complete an online application, as space is limited. An application for John G Leach or The Colwyck Center can be completed by visiting “CEEP Application Info” in the above menu. If invited to participate, students without disabilities must be transported by their families and are funded in one of three ways. CLICK HERE to learn more.
Tuition, POC, and ECAP Information for Children without Disabilities:
1. Half-day AM or PM 3s at Colwyck- $200 per month
2. Full-day 3s at John G Leach-$400 per month
3. Full-day 4s at Colwyck or Leach-$400 per month
4. Purchase of Care (POC) at Coleyck-Child Care subsidy available via DSS.
5. Early Childhood Assistance Program (ECAP) at Colwyck- FREE for income eligible children.
CLICK HERE to learn more.
CEEP is a Star Level 5 Program licensed by the DE Office of Child Care Licensing (OCCL). All staff are certified by the DE Department of Education and DE First. All CEEP classrooms have a lead teacher, one or more paraeducators, and the support of occupational, physical, and speech/language therapists. Student to staff ratios in each classroom follow OCCL regulations.
The itinerant service providers, who are teachers and therapists, are housed at The Colwyck Center and at John G. Leach School. Itinerant service providers work with children with identified disabilities at community preschools, child care centers, and Head Start centers.
BEFORE AND AFTER CARE (BC/AC): BC/AC is offered onsite by the Bear-Glasgow YMCA. CLICK HERE to learn about 2021-2022 registration.
Colonial Early Education Program (CEEP)
- Principal: Katrina Daniels (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- CEEP Secretary (Main Office): Erin Kirby (email@example.com)
- CEEP Secretary (Typical Peers, Tuition, POC): Kim Tomlinson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Address: The Colwyck Center, 12 Landers Lane, New Castle, DE 19720
- Main Office Phone: 302-429-4085
- Main Office Fax: 302-429-4097
Main Office Hours:
Mon-Fri 8:00 AM-4:00 PM
Purchase of care (POC)-child care subsidy Info
- CEEP accepts POC, a Child Care Subsidy.
- CEEP’s POC Site ID is: 1710472400
- CLICK HERE to learn about Purchase of Care & How to Apply