TO ACCESS free Developmental Screening for all colonial children birth-5
Colwyck School Hours
- FULL DAY:
9:30 AM-3:30 PM
AM 9:30 AM-12:00 PM
PM 1:00 PM-3:30 PM
- Before and After Care- Please see link for YMCA programming under “Info for CEEP Children & Families” in the Menu above.
My Child DE is Delaware’s Child Care Consumer Education Website. Click below to visit My Child DE.
Congratulations to Rebecca Vitelli, CEEP Teacher, and Colonial’s 2019 Teacher of the Year!!!
The Power of PRE!
COLWYCK PRESCHOOL INFORMATION:
At the Colonial Early Education Program (CEEP) at The Colwyck Center, we offer an integrated preschool program for children ages three and four. ALL classrooms include children with identified disabilities as well as children without identified disabilities, known as “Typical Peers.” Based on research and developmentally-appropriate practice, this “inclusion” model of programming, where children with and without disabilities are educated together, is considered to be best practice. By implementing the inclusion model, the CEEP gives ALL children access to participate in age-appropriate learning opportunities, and the supports necessary to do so.
CEEP is a Star Level 5 Program licensed by the DE Office of Child Care Licensing (OCCL). Staff are certified by the DE Department of Education and DE First, Purchase of Care (POC) is accepted, and free Early Childhood Assistance Program (ECAP) slots are offered. All CEEP classrooms have a lead teacher, one or more paraeducators, and the support of occupational, physical, and speech/language therapists. Student to staff ratios in each classroom are in compliance with student need and follow OCCL regulations.
The itinerant service providers, who are teachers and therapists, are housed at The Colwyck Center and at John G. Leach School. Itinerant service providers work with children with identified disabilities at community preschools, child care centers, and Head Start centers.
- Getting Parents As Teachers Play Group for children ages Birth-5-Wednesdays from 9:30-11:00
- 5/2-Special Olympics Young Athletes Day
- 5/7, 5/14, and 5/21 -9:45-11:15 @ Colwyck- Autism DE-Parent to Parent Autism Training Series
- 5/10-Muffins for Moms-9:03 AM & 1:00 PM
- Week of 5/13-Embryology Week! Welcome Baby Chicks!
- 5/20-Colonial Readiness Team & CEEP Policy Council Meeting at 4:00 PM
- 5/23-Prom & Sock Hop; 4s will have a Prom, and 3s will have a sock hop
- 5/24-Half Day for full day students. NO School for 1/2 day strudents
- 5/27–NO School-Memorial Day
- Week of 5/28-Getting Ready for K Week for our 4s
Principal: Katrina Daniels (email@example.com)
The Colwyck Center
12 Landers Lane
New Castle, DE 19720