COLONIAL EARLY EDUCATION PROGRAM (CEEP) at Colwyck Information:
- Students–Children with & without disabilities are taught together because the inclusion model is considered Best Practice. Children with IEPs/special needs attend for free, and children without identified special needs attend via “straight pay,” Purchase of Care (Child Care Subsidy available through DHSS), or Early Childhood Assistance Program (ECAP), free to children who qualify based on family income eligibility, homelessness, or foster care.
- Assessment & Curriculum-CEEP utilizes the Creative Curriculum for Preschool, Get Set for School, Teaching Strategies GOLD, and the DE’s Early Learning Foundations (ELFs) for School Success to develop language, personal-social, emotional, cognitive, fine motor, and large motor skills.
- Breakfast & Lunch Menus–CLICK HERE to view menus.
- Staff–CEEP staff are DE certified teachers, paraeducators, and therapists.
- DE Stars-CEEP is a Star Level 5 Program, the highest level in Delaware’s Quality Rating Improvement System.
- ECAP–Via an ECAP Grant from the DE Department of Education, we offer a limited number of FREE slots for children who are homeless, living in foster care/kinship care, living at 100% or below the Federal Poverty Level (FPL), or receiving SSI, SNAP, or TANF. Contact Dawn Alexander at email@example.com with ECAP questions.
- OCCL Licensing-Licensed by the Office of Child Care Licensing.
- POC-CEEP accepts Purchase of Care.
2018-2019 Preschool Applications:
- The 2018-2019 CEEP Open Application Period began on Monday, November 6, 2017 and closed on Thursday, March 15, 2018 at 4:00 PM.
- Parents/Guardians who applied during the CEEP Open Application Period will be notified of their child’s invitation or assignment to the waitlist by March 31, 2018. Parents of invited children must reply by April 13, 2018 at 4:00 PM to reserve their child’s slot.
- The online access to 2018-2019 applications will reopen on Monday, April 9, 2018. Children whose applications are received after the CEEP Lotter will be placed on the waitlist.
- PLEASE NOTE that CEEP/Preschool does NOT follow the Title 14 Delaware School Choice Regulations, which are intended for grades K-12.
Information for 2018-2019:
Half Day 3-year-olds–$2000 per year OR POC
- 9:30 AM-12:00 NOON or 1:00 PM-3:30 PM
- Snacks included
Full Day 3 & 4-year-olds–$4000 per year, POC or FREE ECAP
- 9:30 AM-3:30 PM OR 8:27 AM-3:09 PM
- Breakfast, Lunch & Snacks included
- Children with identified special needs are offered free bus transportation.
- Children without identified special needs must be transported to and from school by a family member.