My Child DE: A Free Service that provides child care information for families
2021-2022 WELCOME LETTER FROM MRS. DANIELS
CEEP is Getting a NEW Playground funded by
WE are sincerely grateful to DISCOVER for generously granting our Colonial Early Education Program (CEEP) with $30,000 in 2020 and $130,000 in 2021 to support our playground project. The $30,000 grant is funding fencing, lighting, and shading, and the $130,000 grant is allowing us to partner with the non-profit KABOOM! to fund and build our new playground in the fall of 2021. Visit https://ceepplays.squarespace.com/upcomingevents to learn more.
Colonial Early Education Program (CEEP)
- CEEP is a Star Level 5 Program licensed by the DE Office of Child Care Licensing (OCCL). All staff are DEEDs certified via the DE Department of Education.
- CEEP follows the inclusion model, meaning children with and without disabilities are included in all of our classrooms and are engaging in activities side-by-side, all day, every day. According to the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) and the Division for Early Childhood (DEC), “Early childhood inclusion embodies the values, policies, and practices that support the right of every infant and young child and his or her family, regardless of ability, to participate in a broad range of activities and contexts as full members of families, communities, and society. The desired results of inclusive experiences for children with and without disabilities and their families include a sense of belonging and membership, positive social relationships and friendships, and development and learning to reach their full potential. The defining features of inclusion that can be used to identify high quality early childhood programs and services are access, participation, and supports.”
- All CEEP classrooms have a lead teacher, one or more paraeducators, and the support of occupational, physical, and speech/language therapists.
- Student to staff ratios in each classroom follow OCCL regulations.
- Itinerant service providers, who are teachers and therapists, work with children with identified disabilities at community preschools, child care centers, and Head Start centers.
BEFORE AND AFTER CARE (BC/AC): BC/AC is offered onsite by the Bear-Glasgow YMCA. CLICK HERE to learn about 2021-2022 registration.
Students with Disabilities:
- To register a child with an IEP, call our main office, visit Colwyck, or email Erin Kirby at firstname.lastname@example.org. Mrs. Kirby will direct you to one of our Special Education Coordinators.
- To make a referral for a special education evaluation, contact our Colonial Child Find Team at email@example.com.
Students without Disabilities:
- Parents/guardians of children without disabilities must complete an online application by clicking “CEEP Application Info” in the above menu.
- Families must receive an “Invitation” prior to completing registration documents. Not all applicants will be Invited, as space is limited.
- If Invited, students without disabilities must be transported by their families. and are funded in one of three ways. CLICK HERE to learn more.
- Tuition, POC, and ECAP Information for Children without Disabilities:
- Half-day AM or PM 3s- $200 per month
- Full-day 3s-$400 per month
- Full-day 4s-$400 per month
- Purchase of Care (POC)-Child Care subsidy available via DSS.
- Early Childhood Assistance Program (ECAP) at Colwyck- FREE for income eligible children.
CLICK HERE to learn more.
Colonial Early Education Program (CEEP)
- Principal: Katrina Daniels (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Student Advisor: Kingsley Colby
- CEEP Secretary (Main Office): Erin Kirby (email@example.com)
- CEEP Secretary (Typical Peers, Tuition, POC): Kim Tomlinson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Address: The Colwyck Center, 12 Landers Lane, New Castle, DE 19720
- Main Office Phone: 302-429-4085
- Main Office Fax: 302-429-4097
- Bus Drop Off: 9:30 am
- School Office Open: 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
- Student Hours: 9:30 am to 3:30 pm
- Bus Departure: 3:35 pm
Purchase of care (POC)-child care subsidy Info
- CEEP accepts POC, a Child Care Subsidy, for students without disabilities.
- CEEP’s POC Site ID is: 1710472400
- CLICK HERE to learn about Purchase of Care & How to Apply