COLONIAL EARLY EDUCATION PROGRAM (CEEP) at Colwyck Information:
- Students-Children with & without disabilities are taught alongside one another, as research demonstrates that the inclusion model is the most effective way to teach young children. Children with identified special needs attend for free, and children without identified special needs attend via “straight pay,” Purchase of Care (Child Care Subsidy available through DHSS), or ECAP (free to children who qualify based on family income eligibility, homelessness, or foster care).
- Assessment & Curriculum-Classrooms utilize the Creative Curriculum for Preschool, Get Set for School, Teaching Strategies GOLD, and the DE Department of Education’s Early Learning Foundations for School Success to develop language, personal-social, emotional, cognitive, fine motor, and large motor skills.
- Staff–All classes are taught by DE state certified early childhood educators, have at least one paraeducator, and include state certified speech/language, occupational, and/or physical therapists.
- DE Stars-CEEP is a Star Level 5 Program, the highest level in Delaware’s Quality Rating Improvement System.
- ECAP–Thanks to an Early Childhood Assistance Program (ECAP) grant from the DE Department of Education, we offer a limited number of FREE ECAP slots for children who are homeless, living in foster care/kinship care, living at 100% or below the Federal Poverty Level (FPL), or receiving SSI, SNAP, or TANF.
- OCCL Licensing–CEEP is licensed by the DE Office of Child Care Licensing.
- POC-CEEP accepts Purchase of Care.
- The 2018-2019 CEEP Open Application Period began on Monday, November 6, 2017 at 8:00 AM, and it will close on Thursday, March 15, 2018 at 4:00 PM.
- Parents/Guardians will be notified of their child’s invitation or assignment to the waitlist by March 31, 2018.
- PLEASE NOTE that CEEP/Preschool does NOT follow the Title 14 Delaware School Choice Regulations, which are intended for children in grades K-12.
- CLICK HERE to read the CEEP Admissions Policy
Below, please see updated preschool information for 2018-2019:
- Colwyck Full Day Programming (3 and 4-year-olds)–9:30 AM-3:30 PM
- Leach Full Day Programming (3 and 4-year-olds)–8:27 AM-3:09 PM
- Colwyck AM Programming (3-year olds only)–9:30 AM-12:00 NOON
- Colwyck PM Programming (3 -year-olds only)–1:00 PM-3:30 PM
- Before Care and After Care Programming (BC/AC) at CEEP
- We are hoping to have the YMCA offer BC/AC for Colwyck and Leach preschoolers for 2018-2019.
- Proposed BC start time is 7:00 AM
- Proposed AC end Time is 6:00 PM
- POC will be accepted
- BC/AC information for 2018-2019 will be posted to the CEEP website as soon as details are finalized.
CEEP Program Information:
Half Day-Only For 3-Year-Olds:
- AM & PM Sessions available
- Typical Peer tuition is $200 per month for 10 months=$2000 per year
- Snacks included
Full Day-3 and 4 Year-Olds:
- Typical Peer tuition is $400 per month for 10 months=$4000 per year
- Breakfast, Lunch, & Snacks included
- Children with identified special needs are offered free bus transportation.
- Children without identified special needs must be transported to and from school by a family member.