About New Castle Elementary
New Castle Elementary School is located just on the outskirts of Old New Castle. The school was built in 1929 and housed the original William Penn High School, New Castle Middle and The New Castle School. Therefore, our school building is rich in history and has many memories for families in the New Castle area.
New Castle Elementary, also known as “The Castle”, has the motto- “We will go above and beyond the call of duty to ensure that every student is successful everyday!” The population is culturally diverse, serving multi-racial/multi-ethnic children. New Castle Elementary provides a plethora of services that are geared toward the individual learner. Students are provided an individual learning program based on the instructional data that is taken from a variety of measures. Academic programs are designed to meet the needs of varying ability level.
Our school is staffed by highly qualified teachers who are passionate about their profession. Staff has been trained by some of the top educational consultants in the United States. In addition, teachers receive professional development opportunities monthly to enhance their ability to keep up with the demands and changes in the greater society.
We strive each day to motivate and encourage students to live up to the district motto which is to be “Career and College Ready,” as well as pulling together as a school community to accomplish all that we set forth through the “Power of We.”
- New Castle School opened its doors for the first time as an elementary school on August 26, 2013.
- The schools is equipped with the most up to date technologies such as: SMART televisions, I-Pads, SMART Boards, Chromebooks, Laptops, Apple TV’s, Document Cameras and Amplification Devices that are used on a daily basis to provide the best instruction possible for NCE’s students.
- Students are emerged in technology in all grade levels with a weekly technology course. At the Kindergarten level students work on the basic computer skills. Fifth graders on the other hand create visual presentations and research information for a variety of projects.
- Response to Intervention (Reading) and Mathematics Intervention are held on a daily basis to assist and enrich students at various levels of need.
- Extra Time Program is available for students that are in need of support in Reading and Mathematics. The program is held after school for grades 1-5. Bus Transportation is available for grades 3-5.
- Students’ academic achievement and behavior is celebrated each marking period through a special presentation and awards.
- New Castle Elementary is a Positive Behavior Support (PBS) building. Staff and students follow school-wide rules and students earn Spartan Shields to purchase admission into a variety of events such as: Concerts, Pep Rallies, Dances and Fun Days.
- Everyone (Staff and Students) in NCE practices healthy eating habits on a daily basis for free through a Fresh Fruits and Vegetables Program Grant.