Rent a Colonial Facility
Looking to rent a Colonial School District building for your event?
Colonial School District is happy to offer the use of school facilities outside of school hours by groups and organizations. Interested groups may apply to use selected Colonial School District rooms, gyms, or sports fields. Facility applications go through many steps for approval. Colonial School District utilizes SchoolRentalsDE.com for all facilities use. All organization/rental requests are only accepted online. No paper forms will be accepted. Please be sure to read carefully the terms and conditions page when submitting your organization request. Your organization request is considered acceptance of Colonial’s facilities terms and conditions.
Colonial School District facilities are not available for rental use during breaks/holidays (summer, spring break, winter break, holidays). Facility use will be canceled in the event of a weather-related closing. Please be sure to check your email for this important communication.
How to Apply for Facility Use in Colonial School District
Submit an organization request to SchoolRentalsDE.com.
Once your organization is approved, you will receive an email stating organizational approval. You will then be able to return to the system via the username/password you submitted to now submit your rental request.
Submit an “event request” for the facility in which you are interested.
- You will be able to view the availability of Colonial facilities in this step.
- Colonial limits requests to two-months’ per request.
- The fee schedule will also be viewable in order to determine approximate cost.
- The request will be submitted directly to the school electronically for approval/denial and you will receive an email approval/denial. All communication from SchoolRentalsDE.com will be via email.
- Please make sure to include your most up-to-date email address.
- Facilities invoices will be sent via email also. Invoices not paid by the date stated on the invoice will be subject to cancellation.
- Cash or check paid to “Colonial School District” will be accepted (mailed or dropped off to Colonial School District Administration Building, 318 E. Basin Road, New Castle, DE 19720). We are not able to accept credit card payment at this time.
** If at some point your event request is no longer needed, please make sure to CANCEL your event via the dashboard on SchoolRentalsDE.com. If you do not cancel your event, the invoice will remain active and you will be responsible for payment. You are also able to cancel individual dates on your rental request. This ensures other Colonial users may have the opportunity to use our facilities.
You will need:
- The $40.00 (non-refundable) application fee (all external groups are responsible for application fee–no waivers permitted). The $40.00 application fee accompanies each facilities request. This fee cannot be waived on multiple requests.
- For individual users like civic associations and youth sports organizations —
Proof of tax-exempt status – Any non-profit must have a copy of the approval letter your organization received from the IRS that grants the organization their 501(c)(3) non-profit status. This document can be attached to your facilities request or mailed/submitted to the Colonial School District Administration Building, Facilities Use, 318 E. Basin Road, New Castle, DE, 19720. Fees cannot be waived unless this document is on file with us.
- Facilities requests will be submitted electronically directly to the school.
The application fee and costs associated with your request will be calculated during the request process. Please note that if your application is not complete, it cannot be accepted.
When a group uses a Colonial School District facility, the District incurs costs for heating, cooling, and custodial services. Groups will incur HVAC costs for use of Colonial School District buildings ($30.00/hour for elementary schools, $40.00/hour for middle schools, and $50.00/hour for high school). Groups shall also be responsible for custodial fees ($45.00/hour on Saturdays, $60.00/hour on Sundays) or whenever a District custodian is not normally on duty. Groups of more than 100 usually require two custodians per event. Custodians must be present for all events, per District policy.
All groups will be billed for loss of property or damage/misuse of Colonial facilities.
Since the District’s primary responsibility is to provide educational programs for its students, it is our prerogative to cancel or adjust any outside usage to accommodate our needs.