Good evening William Penn families –
This is Ms. Brewington, Principal of William Penn High School, and I am calling to give some important school information and updates about special activities.
- Attention Parents!!! It’s never too late to learn how to find money for college for your student. On Wednesday, November 6th, from 6:00 pm -7:00 PM, the Counseling Department will be hosting a “Paying for College” presentation. Lucy O’Donnell from Stand by Me will be presenting this important information. The counseling department looks forward to your participation in this event.
- The William Penn Music Department will be holding an interest meeting for their winter programs on November 14th at 6:30 pm in Gym II. This is for anyone interested in joining the award-winning William Penn Jazz Ensembles, Winter Colorguard, or Indoor Drumline. Parents are invited to attend the William Penn Music Boosters monthly meeting following the interest meeting on that same night.
- On November 20th, William Penn High School will be hosting a Parent Tech Night from 6pm – 8pm to help parents and guardians learn about Schoology and other tech tools that we use to help students be successful here at Penn. Please check your email and sign up in advance, space is limited. Please sign up in advance using this Google Form: https://forms.gle/KmNTEGqEfEYhNj1S6
- We also want to ask parents to remind your students to continue working on Imagine Math. Imagine Math is an important online educational tool that will help your student with important math skills. It is designed and aligned to work with your students’ current math course.
- We are inviting all parents to sign up for Parent Conferences. Parent Conferences will be held on Monday, November 25th and Tuesday, November 26th. Please contact your student’s teachers for information on how to sign up and time slots available.
- The Wellness Center is still accepting appointments for sports physicals. Students can stop by the office during school hours to pick up a membership registration packet and the DIAA physical form. Forms are also available on the school website under the School Nurse tab. If you have questions, please contact the Wellness Center directly at 302.324.5740.
- We understand that the weather has gotten considerably cooler, however, this is a reminder that students are not allowed to wear any hats, hoods, bandanas, scarves, etc. The Colonial Expectations for Student Dress is located on our website under Parents and Students by selecting the Code of Conduct link.
- Last but not least, the William Penn Boys’ soccer team will be in the playoffs on Saturday, November 9th at 5:00 pm at Caravel Academy!!! We hope to see all of our William Penn Soccer fans come out and support our boys during this important game!
Thank you and have a great evening.