Middle School Teaching/Special Education – English Language Arts
Colonial is seeking an enthusiastic and experienced teacher for a Special Education/Language Arts position at the Middle School Level.
Start Date: August 21, 2019
Duration: 10 Months
Refer to Current Teachers Salary Scale
- Must be eligible or hold State of Delaware Certification/Licensure as a Special Education Teacher and English Language Arts
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master Degree
- Proficient in Technology; Microsoft Office Applications, Children’s Educational Software, etc.
- Demonstrates sensitivity to issues affecting various cultural, ethnic, and socioeconomic groups.
- Shows evidence of knowledge regarding practices known to be effective in promoting student learning while increasing student achievement.
- Demonstrates understanding and ability to perform job related tasks.
- Acceptable Criminal Background Report and no entries on Child Abuse Registry.
Interested candidates who meet the minimum qualifications may apply by completing an employment application no later than 11:59 pm on the closing date indicated on the posting.
- Resume and three Letters of Recommendation are required for external and internal candidate.
My biggest bright spot as a teacher would have to be seeing past students become successful in their life and knowing I was a part of that.”Chrissy Lewis
Why You Should Choose Colonial.
You’ll find a culture of support, living inside of our strategic vision, The Power of We, your colleagues are ready to give you feedback to help you grow.
WE offer competitive salary and benefits package that offer Medical plans at minimal or no cost for employee & family & a stipend given towards life, dental & vision benefits.
You'll be supported & encouraged to grow with district-wide & school-based PD to individual coaching from our hands-on leadership, we make sure you’re getting what you need to grow.
You'll make an impact, as we serve a diverse student population across our 15 schools & have a collective relentless passion to give them access to opportunities they need to succeed.
Check out why New Castle, Delaware is a great place to live & work.
An ideal location to live and work, we’re located in New Castle, Delaware and within:
- 45 minutes of Philadelphia
- 1 hour to the beautiful Delaware beaches
- 2 hours to New York or Washington, DC
Living in the New Castle area provides:
- Tax-free shopping (across the state of Delaware)
- Affordable housing market, low property taxes
- Close to amazing restaurants, entertainment, and shopping
- A great place to raise a family
Follow Us & Stay Up To Date
As new opportunities arise, learn about new positions in Colonial School District in several ways!