CEEP REGISTRATION INFORMATION
Children with Special Needs/Identified Disabilities: Colonial preschool children with identified disabilities (who have IEPs) receive special education services for free. They receive services itinerantly at the child care center or preschool program in which they are enrolled, at The Colwyck Center, or at John G. Leach School.
Children without identified disabilities: Families of children without disabilities must apply to participate in the preschool programs in Colonial School District, as space is limited. If your child does not have a disability, you can apply by visiting the “CEEP Application Info” link in the menu above. Families must receive an “Invitation to Participate” before submitting Registration Documents and Forms.
If your has an IEP, and you are enrolling your child in preschool in Colonial, or if your child does not have an IEP, and your child has been Invited to participate in the Colonial Early Education Program (CEEP), please review the information below.
REGISTRATION DOCUMENTS AND FORMS:
- CHILDREN WITHOUT IDENTIFIED DISABILITIES: If your child does not have an identified disability, you must complete a CEEP application AND receive an “Invitation to Participate” for your child before submitting Registration documents. To apply online, click on “CEEP Application Info” in the above menu. To complete a paper application, visit The Colwyck Center during office hours. If your child is “Invited to Participate,” you will receive detailed Registration instructions. You will submit your paperwork to Mrs. Kim Tomlinson in person or via email at email@example.com
- CHILDREN WITH IDENTIFIED DISABILITIES: If your preschooler has an identified disability and you have recently moved to Colonial School District, call Erin Kirby at 302-429-4085 to discuss Registration. You may visit The Colwyck Center during office hours to submit Registration documents to Mrs. Kirby or you may submit them to her via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR ALL PREK CHILDREN:
- Parent or guardian’s valid Delaware Driver’s License or Delaware ID Card
- Official Birth Certificate
- Immunization Records
- Physical examination/Student Health Form performed within the past 12 months. CLICK HERE for the LINK to DE’s Student Health Form.
- Copy of TB Test results or screening results within the past 12 months (See TB Risk Assessment for those unable to get a test or screening before school starts)
- Copy of Lead Test results anytime since birth
- Proof of Residence (Current electric, water or sewer bill or signed rental lease, deed or settlement agreement with parent or guardian’s name listed on the document)** **Notarized Residency Verification Form (Only needed if name of parent or guardian is not on residency verification document). (Spanish) (English)
REQUIRED FORMS FOR ALL PREK CHILDREN: The forms below are available at The Colwyck Center, if registering in person. If sending registration documents via email, the forms below must be printed, completed, and sent to Erin Kirby (email@example.com) and Kim Tomlinson (firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student Registration Form (English) (Spanish)
- Student Background Form (English) (Spanish)
- 2021-2022 CEEP Parent Contract (English) (Spanish)
- Preschool Additional Services Form (English) (Spanish)
- Delaware McKinney-Vento Student Residency Questionnaire (English)
- Smile Check FREE Dental/Oral Care Program (LINK to Parent/Guardian Information). (English) (Spanish)
ADDITIONAL FORMS (Linked below) THAT MAY BE REQUIRED OR REQUESTED:
- Nemours Authorization Form (DE public school nurses utilize this form to access immunization and related medical records if child’s pediatrician is affiliated with Nemours)
- 2021-2022 ECAP Parent Contract (ONLY if your child participates in ECAP programming) ( Spanish) (English)