In-person is only for students whose parents have selected that option.
|Anticipated In-Person Return Date for Students|
|Phase 1 & 2||• Integration A students at Southern, George Read, & William Penn|
• Communication and Social Learning (CASL) at Southern & Gunning Bedford
• Intensive Learning Center (ILC) at Southern & Gunning Bedford
• Integration B at George Read
• Colwyck Pre-K students (CEEP)
|Elementary||All Elementary Schools (Non-Special Programs)||1/25/21|
|High school||• William Penn HS|
|Middle school||Middle School (Non-Special Programs)||2/8/21|
We are continuing to plan for the safe return of Colonial students in February 2021. Factors that impact this decision include:
- Positive staff cases and close contacts which impact the operations of the district.
- In-person instruction cannot operate unless there is an adequate level of personnel available. This includes administrators, teachers, paraprofessionals, custodians, nutrition services workers, bus drivers, and other support staff.
- Positive student cases and DPH quarantines which necessitate pausing in-person classroom instruction.
- A potential spike in positive COVID-19 cases in early January which may occur following the winter break.
- The guidance and data coming from DPH and other State agencies that we use to make planning decisions which continues to be refined and updated.
Please remember, the factors stated above could cause the district to return to virtual learning for classes, schools, or even the entire district. Often, these decisions are made on a moment’s notice; therefore, all employees, parents, and students should be prepared daily to be either in-person or virtual.