Colonial Readiness Team (CRT) & CEEP Policy Council
For the 2019-2020 school year, CRT Meetings and CEEP Policy Council Meetings are combined. Meetings will alternate between AM and PM and will be held at The Colwyck Center, 12 Landers Lane, New Castle, DE 19720.
2019-2020 Meeting Dates & Times:
–AFTERNOON MEETING-Monday, October 21, 2019 from 4:00 PM-5:30 PM–AGENDA
–MORNING MEETING-Monday, December 16, 2019 from 8:00 AM-9:30 AM
–AFTERNOON MEETING-Monday, February 24, 2019 from 4:00 PM-5:30 PM
–MORNING MEETING-Monday, April 20, 2019 from 8:00 AM-9:30 AM
DE Readiness Teams & CRT Information:
- There are 19 Readiness Teams throughout the state of Delaware, each representing a different community. To learn about Delaware Readiness Teams, please visit: https://www.delawarereadinessteam.com/
- THE DELAWARE READINESS EQUATION: READY COMMUNITIES + READY FAMILIES+ READY EARLY LEARNING PROGRAMS + READY SCHOOLS = READY CHILDREN
- The CRT is committed to representing ALL Colonial area children ages Birth-8 and their families. ALL Colonial area educators, families, early learning providers, community agencies that serve young children, and community stakeholders are invited to attend CRT meetings and to participate in CRT initiatives.
- CRT Vision Statement: All Colonial families will feel welcome in our community. They will have equal access to high quality, affordable early childhood programming, healthcare, and community resources to be prepared for today, tomorrow, and the rest of their lives.
- CRT Members are Colonial Early Childhood & Elementary staff, Colonial administrators, local Early Learning Providers (ELPs), local Head Start staff, Colonial family members, community members & related professionals. ALL who are committed to supporting children ages birth-8 and their families in the Colonial Community are welcome & encouraged to participate in our meetings and our initiatives. For more information, contact Dawn Alexander, Colonial Readiness Team’s Team Leader, via phone at 302-429-4096 or via email at email@example.com.
CEEP Policy Council Information:
- CLICK HERE to complete the 2019-2020 Policy Council Member Application. Application deadline is December 6th at 3:00 PM.
- Policy Council Members are: Colwyck parents and family members, Community Partners who serve young children and their families, and community Members interested in supporting early learning
- CEEP Policy Council Leadership Roles include Chairperson, Vice-Chairperson & Secretary
- The CEEP Policy Council provides feedback to CEEP leaders and staff regarding Colwyck’s policies and procedures, School Readiness Goals/Student Success Plan, and student and family events
- The CEEP Policy Council reviews the Weighted Criteria used to admit ECAP students for the following year.
2019-2020 Agendas & Minutes:
2018-2019 Agendas & Minutes:
- Advocacy Presentation
- Agenda & Minutes
- Agenda & Minutes
To learn more, please visit: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1XJW5I33rqw9hMqFjsSQcokusXJ73IV_kpeJ1V5nDxhQ/edit?usp=sharing
- Supporting on-time kindergarten registration.
- Educating families and the Colonial community about Developmental Milestones and the importance of Developmental Screening.
- Partnering with The DE Department of Public Health to support the Early Childhood Comprehensive Systems (ECCS) Grant.
- Educating Colonial families about available community services and resources, such as how to access medical services, how to apply for food benefits, where to find PAT playgroups, how to access Parenting Classes, how to apply for Purchase of Care, etc.