The Colonial Readiness Team (CRT)
There are 21 Readiness Teams throughout the state of Delaware, each representing a different community. The CRT is committed to representing ALL Colonial area children ages Birth-8 and their families. ALL Colonial area educators, families, early learning providers, community agencies that serve young children, and community stakeholders are invited to attend CRT meetings and to participate in CRT initiatives.
THE DELAWARE READINESS EQUATION
READY COMMUNITIES + READY FAMILIES+ READY EARLY LEARNING PROGRAMS + READY SCHOOLS = READY CHILDREN
Our Colonial Readiness Team Vision Statement:
All Colonial families will feel welcome in our community. They will have equal access to high quality, affordable early childhood programming, healthcare, and other community resources in order to be prepared for today, tomorrow, and the rest of their lives.
Colonial Readiness Team (CRT) Members: Our team is comprised of Colonial Early Childhood & Elementary staff, Colonial administrators, local Early Learning Providers (ELPs), local Head Start staff, Colonial family members, community members, & related professionals. ALL who are committed to supporting children ages birth-8 and their families in the Colonial Community are welcome & encouraged to participate in our meetings and our initiatives. For more information, contact Dawn Alexander, Colonial Readiness Team’s Team Leader, via phone at 302-429-4096 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming Meetings-ALL are welcome!
- Monday, January 22, 2018 from 4:00 PM-5:30 PM at The Colwyck Center.
- Monday, February 12, 2018 from 4:00 PM-5:30 PM at the Rt. 9 Library and Innovation Center.
- Monday, March 19, 2018 from 4:00 PM-5:30 PM at the New Castle Public Library.
- Educating families and the Colonial community about Developmental Milestones and the importance of Developmental Screening.
- Partnering with The DE Department of Public Health to support the Early Childhood Comprehensive Systems (ECCS) Grant.
- Educating Colonial families about available community services and resources, such as how to access medical services, how to apply for food benefits, where to find PAT playgroups, how to access Parenting Classes, how to apply for Purchase of Care, etc.