PRESCHOOL APPLICATIONS + Application Information
ALL FAMILIES MUST COMPLETE 1) THE ONLINE APPLICATION AND 2) THE TWO ASQ SCREENERS
LINK TO THE ASQ SCREENERS– The ASQ Developmental Screener and the ASQ Social Emotional Screener
Colonial Early Education Program (CEEP)
- CEEP is licensed by the DE Office of Child Care Licensing (OCCL), and all staff are DEEDs certified via the DE Department of Education. CEEP follows the inclusion model, meaning children with and without disabilities are included in all of our classrooms and are engaging in activities side-by-side, all day, every day. According to the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) and the Division for Early Childhood (DEC), “Early childhood inclusion embodies the values, policies, and practices that support the right of every infant and young child and his or her family, regardless of ability, to participate in a broad range of activities and contexts as full members of families, communities, and society. The desired results of inclusive experiences for children with and without disabilities and their families include a sense of belonging and membership, positive social relationships and friendships, and development and learning to reach their full potential. The defining features of inclusion that can be used to identify high quality early childhood programs and services are access, participation, and supports.”
- All CEEP classrooms have a lead teacher, one or more paraeducators, and the support of occupational, physical, and speech/language therapists. Student to staff ratios in each classroom follow OCCL regulations. Itinerant service providers, who are teachers and therapists, work with children with identified disabilities at community preschools, child care centers, and Head Start centers.
Children with Disabilities:
- To register a child with an IEP, call our main office, visit Colwyck, or email Erin Kirby at firstname.lastname@example.org. Mrs. Kirby will direct you to one of our Special Education Coordinators. To make a referral for a special education evaluation, contact our Colonial Child Find Team via phoine at 302-429-4088 or via email at email@example.com. To learn about the preschool special education evaluation process, watch this video.
Children without Disabilities:
Parents/guardians of children without disabilities must complete an online application by clicking on “PRESCHOOL APPLICATIONS” on this page. To attend CEEP, children without disabilities must reside in Colonial School District or have a parent/guardian who works for Colonial School District. Families must receive an “Invitation” to CEEP prior to completing registration documents. Unfortunately, not all applicants will be Invited, as space is limited. If Invited, children without disabilities must be transported by their families. and are funded in one of three ways. CLICK HERE to learn more.
- Tuition, Purchase of Care (POC), and State Funded Early Care & Education Program (SFECEP) Information for Children without Disabilities:
- *** 1/2 day 3s tuition is $200 per month for 10 payments = $2,000 per year
- *** Full-day 4s tuition is $400 per month for 10 payments = $4,000 per year
- *** Purchase of Care (POC) is State of Delaware Child Care subsidy. Families can apply by visiting Delaware ASSIST at https://assist.dhss.delaware.gov/
- *** State Funded Early Care & Education Program (SFECEP) slots are for full-day 4s only, and are FREE for income eligible children.
YMCA After care onsite at ceep for the 2023-2024 school year
FYI–The YMCA of Bear will be providing onsite After Care from 3:30 PM -6:00 PM at Colwyck for the 2023-2024 school year. Before Care is not an option at this time.
- Families of CEEP children who will be 1/2 day PM or full day are eligible to apply.
- Space is limited, so register ASAP!
- POC and Tuition accepted. NOTE- POC may only be used for CEEP or the YMCA, not both.
- To register, visit https://www.ymcade.org/locations/bear-glasgow-ymca/childcare/ . When registering, click on “Before and After School Care” and “Bear Child Care.” Be sure to select the “CEEP” option. If you have questions, email the Bear YMCA Supervisor at firstname.lastname@example.org
Colonial Early Education Program (CEEP)
- Principal: Katrina Daniels email@example.com
- Student Advisor: Sarah Bateman
- CEEP Secretary (Main Office): Erin Kirby firstname.lastname@example.org
- CEEP Secretary (Typical Peers, Tuition, POC): Kim Tomlinson email@example.com
- Address: The Colwyck Center, 12 Landers Lane, New Castle, DE 19720
- Main Office Phone: 302-429-4085
- Main Office Fax: 302-429-4097
CHILD FIND EVALUATIONS
- If your child is being evaluated in person through Child Find, be sure to go to the Child Find Office on Rt, 13/DuPont Highway, not The Colwyck Center on Landers Lane.
- Child Find Office
168 South DuPont Highway
New Castle, DE 19720
- Questions about Child Find?
- To learn about the screening, referral, evaluation, and eligibility for services process, watch this Delaware Department of Education video.
NEED CHILD CARE?
- Visit the Office of Child Care Licensing (OCCL) website to search near your home or place of work.
- Visit the Children and Families First website for the AccessCare Child Care Referral program.