While most families are already taking safety precautions at home, now is a good time to remind children of the expectations at school. In order to ensure the safety of all students and staff, please stress the best prevention for COVID-19, and any other virus such as the flu or cold is to:
- Wash hands often with soap and warm water for 20 seconds (young children can recite their ABC’s)
- Use hand sanitizer if water is not available. All classrooms will have an ample supply of hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth as much as possible.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or upper sleeve when coughing or sneezing. Classrooms will also have an ample supply of tissues.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- Stay at home when feeling sick.