Phase One and Two Families Include:
– Integration A students at Southern, George Read , and William Penn
– Communication and Social Learning (CASL) at Southern, Intensive Learning Center (ILC) at Southern,
– Students at Leach, Adult Integration at Leach,
– Colwyck Pre-K students (CEEP)
Colonial School District Phase One and Two Families,
As you are aware, we have learned that multiple individuals across several buildings associated with the Colonial School District tested positive for COVID-19 in the past several days. To help mitigate community spread of COVID-19 and keep all members of our community safe, we are pausing our phase 1 and 2 return to school timeline.
They will not return to Face to Face learning as planned on November 30, 2020.
– Programs identified above will tentatively resume in-person instruction on December 7, 2020.
– Students will have virtual academy classes (Zoom classes) until Friday, November 20, 2020.
– Students will have Asynchronous learning (no Zoom classes) on Monday, November 23, and Tuesday, November 24, 2020.
– Teachers will be available for conferences on November 23, 2020 and November 24, 2020. Please check with your teachers to schedule conferences
– Students will attend Virtual Academy the week of January 4, 2021. They will resume in-person instruction on January 11, 2021.
We are tentatively scheduling for students to return for in-person instruction on December 7, 2020. This date will be dependent upon community spread, health updates from our community members, and information shared by DPH. The Colonial School District will be in touch as more information becomes available.
This decision was not made lightly and we understand that this may cause disruption and frustration. We will continue to keep the safety and well-being of our students and staff at the forefront of all of our decisions at all times.
With the Holidays approaching, the Division of Public Health recommends Delawareans take the following actions to prevent further spread of infection in the community:
• Only dine socially (at home and in restaurants) with those who live with you
• Don’t spend time socially with people outside your household
• Don’t plan on holding holiday dinners with those outside your household – even family