Colonial School District Phase Four Families,
Phase Four Families Include: Middle School (Non-Special Programs), William Penn Integration B, and Wallin ILC students
As you are aware, we have learned that multiple individuals across several buildings associated with the Colonial School District tested positive for COVID-19 in the past several days. To help mitigate community spread of COVID-19 and keep all members of our community safe, we are pausing our phase four return to school timeline. They will not return to in-person learning as planned on November 30, 2020.
We are tentatively scheduling students to return for in-person instruction February 1, 2021. This date will allow us to maintain instructional consistency throughout the second marking period, which started on Monday, November 16, 2020 and ends on January 29, 2021. This will allow for the academic success of our students. The return date will be dependent upon community spread, health updates from our community members, and information shared by DPH. The Colonial School District will be in touch as more information becomes available.
Updated November Calendar for PHASE Four:
- Students WILL HAVE Virtual Academy classes (Zoom classes) on Friday, November 20, 2020.
- As previously scheduled, students will have Asynchronous learning (no Zoom classes) on Monday, November 23, and Tuesday, November 24, 2020.
- NEW: Conferences are now available on November 23, 2020 and November 24, 2020. Please check with your teachers to schedule conferences.
This decision was not made lightly and we understand that this may cause disruption and frustration. We will continue to keep the safety and well-being of our students and staff at the forefront of all of our decisions at all times.
With the Holidays approaching, the Division of Public Health recommends Delawareans take the following actions to prevent further spread of infection in the community:
- Only dine socially (at home and in restaurants) with those who live with you
- Don’t spend time socially with people outside your household
- Don’t plan on holding holiday dinners with those outside your household – even family
Please note, decisions and timelines for High School, Elementary Schools and Special Programs will be communicated in the near future.