The Colonial School District is sharing advice from the Delaware Division of Public Health about how to prevent the spread of germs at a time when risks are at a nationwide high. Students and staff should do the following:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue and then throw it in the trash. Without a tissue, cough or sneeze in the bend of your elbow.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Clean and disinfect touched surfaces and objects
- Stay home when feeling sick, except to get medical care
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Tell small children to recite their ABC’s before completing handwashing.