Be a Role Model! Join our PTA!
Why should YOU join the PTA?
- Do you and your family enjoy skating nights at the Christiana Skating Center or specialty events at the mall such as Chick-fil-a and Barnes & Noble night? Would you like to see your teachers serving food at McDonald’s or dance the night away at the Father/Daughter Mother/Son Dance? Well these events wouldn’t be possible without the PTA!
- The PTA is responsible for almost all of the schools fundraising revenue. Fundraising makes events like reading and math nights, field trips, celebrations, and assemblies possible.
- The PTA pays for school buses for field trips which alleviates the cost to families, pays for the t-shirts for SMART Kids Day, prizes for the End of the Year Reading Assembly and much, much more!
- You don’t have to “organize” an event, just setting up or cleaning up helps!
- Enhancing the education of children is easier when parents join the PTA. The children will see you taking a stand to make education better for them and their peers, and chances are they will do the same.
- Research shows that children whose parents are involved in their school have better grades and have fewer disciplinary problems.
- Last year we had approximately 500 students and around 20 memberships – that is less than 5% of the school population participating in the PTA.
There are a variety of small ways parents can help. Some project responsibilities are flexible and can be adjusted to meet your time constraints. Just attending the monthly PTA meetings is a start! Your voice and opinion matter!