WPHS Dual Enrollment & Early College Programs

Are you a Junior or Senior with a GPA of 2.7 or higher?

You are eligible to take COLLEGE COURSES through WilmU’s Early College Program!

You can take up to two classes in your junior year and two in your senior year at a SUPER DISCOUNTED rate! Instead of paying about $1,170* for a three-credit college course, they are giving it to you for just $121*. That’s over 90% off!

Additionally, these credits are highly transferrable so credits you earn now through WilmU can be transferred to the school of your choice (read more about transferrability at the bottom of this page).

Click here to learn more!

Early College Courses are designated as Levels of Support #1 and #2 because students take the courses either online or in-person with a college instructor, following the university’s academic calendar.

Don’t hesitate to reach out to Ms. Cuje with any questions!

Contact Ms. Cuje today via Zoom, Schoology, or Email:


*Tuition cost does not include textbook and materials which are purchased separately and is the students’ responsibility

Students must complete a *FREE* application and be accepted into Wilmington University before registering for classes. Don’t delay! Ms. Cuje can walk you through this process; all you need to do is let her know you’re interested and she will work with you through each step.

Transfer of College Credit After High School Graduation

Students who subsequently enroll in Dual Enrollment or Early College courses enjoy advanced standing. Many colleges and universities will generally accept credits earned through programs of this type. Some will not. Most colleges and universities will accept credits from other institutions if a grade of “C” or better is earned. The student and/or their parents/guardian should contact the college or university of their choice to determine whether Dual Enrollment or Early College credits will be accepted. Students may have to send an official transcript from the partnering higher education institution to the college or university of their choice to aid in the college’s decision. Each institution applies these credits differently.

Transferability of Courses Within Delaware

The Delaware Department of Education (DOE) has compiled a list of dual enrollment and early college courses offered throughout the entire state and matched up to how these courses would transfer to colleges in Delaware. For instance, it lists courses offered by high schools and if/how those credits would transfer to Delaware State University, Delaware Technical Community College, Goldey Beacom College, Wesley College, Wilmington University, and the University of Delaware.

While a student may take a dual enrollment course through one institution, they may choose to enroll in a different institution upon high school graduation. This database will be updated annually by DOE to enable schools, students, and families to know if the dual enrollment (& early college) courses taken in high school will be accepted as a direct transfer course at another institution in Delaware. While DOE has verified this information with the institutions, it is always important to confirm this information when applying to college so that you confirm if any changes have occurred.

*Note: Not all courses in this database are offered at William Penn High School. Each high school has individualized contracts with institutions to suit the needs of their students, with logistical and financial considerations involved. For your convenience, the courses offered at William Penn have been highlighted in yellow (Dual Enrollment- dark yellow, Early College- light yellow).