DTCC BIO 120: Anatomy & Physiology

This course studies the anatomy and physiology of humans, including the structure and function of cells, tissues, integumentary, skeletal, muscular, nervous, and endocrine systems. Coordinated laboratory experiments are an integral part of this course.

*This is a “ranking course”. Due to the competitive nature of some allied health programs at DTCC, this course factors heavily into admission to these programs. In other words, you’ll want to make sure you do well! To support your success, we are offering BIO 120 as a full-year course instead of a semester-long.

We also recommend that students taking this course have an Academic Support or Distance Learning class period built into their schedule to provide extra study time for this intensive course.

Upon “successful” completion of this course, students will earn 5 college credits + 1 high school AP-weighted credit. This DelTech course is offered at William Penn High School, during school hours.

  • Level of Support: Most
  • University: Delaware Technical Community College
  • Type: Face-to-Face @ Penn, year-long
  • Instructor: Ms. Bone
  • Grade Level: 12th grade
  • Cost: $125
  • Payment: Due before enrolling in the course; Pay to “William Penn High School” via cash, check, or online- see Ms. Cuje

Textbooks for this course will be supplied by William Penn.

*Prerequisite: High School Level Anatomy & Physiology and a recommendation from one of the following sponsors- Ms. Slama, Ms. Hudson, Ms. McVey, Ms. Hanley, Mr. Jensen, or Ms. Bone. Talk to one of these teachers about your interest in taking this course and they will communicate with Ms. Cuje if you are eligible. 

Transfer of College credit after attending through Early College Programs
Students who subsequently enroll in Dual Enrollment or Early College courses enjoy advanced standing. Many colleges and universities will generally accept credits earned through programs of this type. Some will not. Most colleges and universities will accept credits from other institutions if a grade of “C” or better is earned. The student and/or their parents/guardian should contact the college or university of their choice to determine whether Dual Enrollment or Early College credits will be accepted. Students may have to send an official transcript from the partnering higher education institution to the college or university of their choice to aid in the college’s decision. Each institution applies these credits differently.