WU GMD 100: Intro to Game Engines
This course introduces the workflow needed to build playable games using the assets created in other areas of the Game Design and Development Program. Activities will include the creation of design documents and the development of playable prototypes. Key concepts in game design and development such as game world design, level design, level balancing, and game character development will be addressed. Students explore the limitations of game engines. Students also study and exercise production methodologies and practices utilized by development studios to create stand-alone gaming applications.
Upon “successful” completion of this course, students will earn 3 college credits + 1 high school AP-weighted credit. This Wilmington University course is offered both Face-to-Face at New Castle ONLY.
F2F @ New Castle: Fall Semester, Spring Semester, Summer Semester
- Level of Support: Tier 2 (Medium)
- University: Wilmington University
- Type: Face-to-Face @ WilmU campus, Semester
- Instructor: WilmU Instructor
- Grade Level: 11-12th
- Cost: $121 tuition/ reg. fee + books/materials
- Payment: Pay WilmU directly through MyWilmU portal, after registering for the course
The average cost of textbook for this course is n/a