WP School Based Health Center
COVID 19 UPDATE: We are still here for you!
Send a text message to 302-285-9661
Although the school is closed at this time, our School Based Health Center staff are here for you. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. If you have a mental health emergency, please call Child Priority Response 24 hr Crisis Line 800-969-4357. For medical concerns contact your primary care provider or visit a Medical Aid Unit. If you have a question for your School-Based Heath Center provider, please send a text message to 302-285-9661. You will receive a reply when texting this line during normal business hours 8am-4pm Monday through Friday within 24 hrs.
Hours: Monday – Friday from 7:00 am -3:00 pm
Address: 713 E Basin Rd, New Castle, DE 19720
You don’t have to miss work if your teen gets a cold or needs a vaccination.
The William Penn School-Based Health Center (SBHC) is a partnership between Christiana Care Health Services, Colonial School District, and the Delaware Division of Public Health. The center is supported by the Department of Public Health and administrated by Christiana Care Health Systems. This joint partnership, with the approval of the Colonial School District, enables us to provide many free services to students at William Penn High School.
To sign up your child in the SBHC:
- Up-to-date insurance information is needed if your child is insured. No co-pay, co-insurance or deductible will be charged to you and no one will be turned away based on ability to pay.
- Please review, fill out and sign the Consent Form.
- Fill out Student Registration Form and Health History Form.
- Return completed enrollment/registration forms to the SBHC.
SBHC services offered:
- Counseling (individual, family, and group)
- Health education/risk reduction
- Crisis intervention and suicide prevention
- Nutrition/weight management
- Pregnancy testing
- Diagnosis and treatment of sexually transmitted diseases (STDs)
- HIV testing at approved high schools
- Reproductive Health Services
(Birth control pills/Depo-Provera/condoms)
- Physicals (sports, school, or pre-employment)
- Health screenings
- Diagnosis and treatment of minor illnesses/injuries
You’ll save time and won’t be charged any fees or copays.
Please know that your child’s pediatrician or family doctor is still your child’s main doctor. SBHC does not take the place of your child’s pediatrician or family doctor, and SBHC doctors and nurses will work with your child’s main doctor to care for your child. The SBHC offers services that may round out the care provided by your main doctor. When appropriate, and with your permission, we will try to share medical information with your child’s doctor to prevent any duplication of health care services and to take the best care of your child. If your child does not have a doctor, we can help you find one.