This time is dedicated to providing additional support to students in a variety of formats. This might include individual or small group support for students that is assigned by the teacher OR support for students per their request. Additionally, a parent may request to meet with a teacher during this time.sdasd
Consistent school attendance is critical to student success. All students are expected to attend/engage in their entire Zoom session(s) and/or complete all asynchronous work before the assigned due date or following school day (when applicable). Not meeting this expectation may lead to an unexcused absence or early dismissal.
Absences from school are unexcused unless the school is notified following an absence. In addition, per State of DE regulations, only the following are excused reasons for an absence:
- Illness of student
- Medical diagnosis or treatment
- Death in immediate family; funeral of other relatives or close friends, not to exceed one day locally or three days out-of-state
- Contagious disease in the home of the child subject to regulations of the Division of Public Health, Department of Health and Social Services
- Legal business requiring the student’s presence
- Suspension or expulsion from school
- Observance of religious holidays
It is the responsibility of the parent/guardian to notify the school of an absence. For any absence, please complete our Electronic Absent Note Form highlighting the reason for absence within 2 days upon your child’s return to school. These excuses will be kept on file for the current school year. A physician’s validation may be required at any time. Please do not expect an absence to be considered excused if you do not adhere to this expectation. Students absent more than three days without a valid excuse (listed above) are considered truant. Parents/guardians of those students may be subject to legal penalties under the Delaware Code. Choice status can also be revoked if a student is considered truant.
DE Code Title 14 has mandated certain action be taken following the 10th, 15th, and 30th day of unexcused absences as outlined below:
- Following the 10th day of unexcused absences, a visit will be made to the student’s home.
- Following the 15th day of unexcused absences, the parent/guardian will be notified by certified mail to contact the school and schedule a conference within ten days.
- Following the 20th day of unexcused absences, the school will refer the case for prosecution.
Understand that absences whether excused or unexcused, have a significant impact on your child’s ability to comprehend and understand material that is being taught in class. It is also the student’s responsibility to complete any missed work following an absence(s).
- A variety of assessments will be used to determine student understanding and progress towards the goals and standards for each class.
- Assessments are developed to align with the expectations of the Delaware State Standards.
- Assessments must be completed independently unless otherwise indicated by the teacher.
Students participating in remote learning will follow the same marking period schedule as their face-to-face peers. (CSD Progress Reporting)
- K to 5: Grades will be entered into DSC Progress Book
- 6 to 8: Grades will be entered into eSchool
*IMPORTANT NOTE: Just like in the face-to-face classroom, student grades will be based on their mastery of standards and concepts taught. Neither attendance nor participation are counted as part of the student’s grade.