Colonial Aspiring Leaders Program
Colonial Aspiring Leaders Program (CALP) is one of the possible steps in the journey to become a leader in the Colonial School District. This two-year program is designed to introduce teachers/specialists to the work of successful coaches and/or student advisors by providing them with educational leadership coursework, as well as a shadowing experience to learn from successful leaders in the field.
Aspiring Leaders will engage in professional development courses that include both leadership and technical training that align with professional standards for educational leaders. Each meeting will last approximately two hours. The meeting dates are as follows:
- October 13, 2021 Transformational Leadership
- November 17, 2021 Transformational Leadership
- December 15, 2021 Instructional Vision
- January 12, 2022 High Performing Teams
- February 9, 2022 Culture of Equity
- March 23, 2022 Data Based Decision Making
- April 27, 2022 Instructional Coaching
- May 18, 2022 Mock Interviews
All sessions will be aligned with the four leadership competencies from the Colonial School District Leadership Framework. The competencies include:
- Talent Development
- Climate and Culture
- Instructional Leadership
- Organizational Leadership
Cohort 3 Application Process
The window to apply for CALP will open September 7, 2021 and will close on September 22, 2021 at 4PM.
The applicant must:
- Complete the Colonial Aspiring Leaders Application in its entirety.
- Have at least three (3) years of experience of effective ratings as measured by the Teaching and Learning and/or Specialist Frameworks and/or DPAS II.
- Be enrolled in or have completed an accredited School Leadership program. See DDOE’s suggestions for choosing an accredited college or university.
- Receive a recommendation from a building administrator using the Colonial Aspiring Leaders Program Recommendation form.
- Commit to all assigned work and attend all sessions.
Complete and submit a one page essay that includes:
- Why do you aspire to be a leader in the Colonial School District?
- What leadership responsibilities have you assumed within the educational setting?
Applicants will also be required to engage in a short interview with members of the selection committee.
Selection Committee will:
- Screen all fully completed applications.
- Interview applicants.
- Utilize a rubric to score and rank candidates.
- Invite selected applicants to be part of the cohort.
- Notify unsuccessful applicants and provide feedback.
CALP is a voluntary program that supports participants in their journey to be leaders within the Colonial School District. In addition to the knowledge that participants will acquire, attendees will receive Snow Hours for participation.