Part of growing up is developing and demonstrating responsibility. At CVP, we strive to help students develop this trait and believe that it is essential in a child’s development. In order to help students along this path and to preserve instruction time, the students are expected to:
- Engage/participate in their daily Zoom lessons (ex: use of chat, use of video, mute/unmute feature, etc.)
- Attend class every day through the use of their a fully-charged Colonial District Device and log on through Clever
- Maintain a designated work space with minimal distractions
- Follow CSD Code of Conduct & Dress Code
- Come prepared to class with all needed materials in their work space (materials needed is at the discretion of the teacher)
It is the student’s responsibility to maintain a charged computer for class everyday and is responsible for any damage. CVP will provide a computer and charger at the beginning of the school year.
Students will login into their computers and all needed programs with their Student IDs. Students know this number as their “lunch number.” If your student forgets their lunch number or is new to the Colonial School District, please reach out to your child’s teacher for this information. Make sure to write it down and keep it in a safe place because your child’s ID number is used for most of their programs. Student passwords are always their birthday. It is written in the format MMDDYYYY. For example, if your child’s birthday is August 6th, 2011, their password would be 08062011.
If there is an issue with a computer or charger, it is the parent/guardian’s responsibility to submit a technology ticket in a timely-manner. If a student will be absent due to an issue with a district device, it is the responsibility of the parent/guardian to notify the school by submitting an Electronic Absent Note form. Please note, absences will not be excused if a technology ticket is not submitted in a timely manner. Once a technology ticket is submitted, a representative from the technology department will contact the parent/guardian to resolve the issue. If a new device is needed, the technology department will schedule a time with the parent/guardian to pick-up a new device from the Technology Office. (list Address and phone number if they have one)
If a student needs WIFI parents/guardians can visit our Resources page for information.
In the event a teacher will be absent, the teacher will communicate this information with families and assign asynchronous work for the day. It is the student’s responsibility to complete the given assignments prior to the assigned due date or following school day. Please note, a student may receive an unexcused absence or early dismissal if the given assignment is not completed or partially completed. *Add information from Tom Gavin*
Suggestions for Students
- Take breaks during independent work time
- Get up and move
- Get a snack or water
- Practice a mindfulness exercise or brain break
- Ask your teacher or caregiver to help you set up a schedule for completing independent work
- Support your child with their schedule, so they join Zoom sessions on time. Younger children may need support in telling time.
- Help your child identify a learning space and gather the necessary materials.
- Maintain open communication with your child’s teacher(s).
- Check in with your child frequently and support them with time-management, task completion, and submission of independent assignments, as needed.
- Remember that independent assignments should be completed by your child.
- Attend Zoom sessions with your child, to facilitate technology and active engagement.
- Follow teacher guidelines for student independence.
Suggestions for Caregivers
- Help your child maintain a regular sleep schedule (especially middle and high schoolers.) Wake them up for Zoom meetings, if needed.
- Check in to see whether your child needs a break, snack, or drink.
- Set boundaries, so your child knows when you are available to help, and when they need to work independently,
- Take care of your own well-being (physically, emotionally, mentally.)