Registering your Child for Kindergarten Online.
With school buildings being closed, you can register your child for kindergarten online! All Kindergarten classes in the Colonial School District are full day. Children who will be five years old on or before August 31 of the current year, are eligible to attend kindergarten.
During these challenging times, we’ve made kindergarten registration as easy as 1,2,3!
Step 1: Find your Child’s Feeder School
A student’s feeder school is the school that the district assigns the student to attend. Use the online School Locator Search to locate your feeder school district and local elementary school.
Even if you decide to participate in the School Choice process later, you will need to register with your feeder pattern elementary school first.
Step 2: Fill out the registration form and documents
Fill out the student registration card form completely and email this form along with a picture or scanned copies of following supporting documents to feeder your feeder school’s secretary:
- Your valid Delaware Driver’s License or Delaware ID Card
- Official Birth Certificate
- Proof of Residence
- Current electric, water or sewer bill
- Signed rental lease, deed or settlement agreement
- Immunization Records
Step 3: Email the completed registration form and supporting documents to your school’s secretary
Email the registration pdf along with the picture or scanned copies of the necessary supporting documents to your feeder school’s secretary:
Carrie Downie: Dominique.email@example.com
Castle Hills: firstname.lastname@example.org
New Castle: Carmen.Corsi@colonial.k12.de.us
Wilmington Manor: Shannon.Smith@colonial.k12.de.us
The Colonial School District full day kindergarten program is committed to providing a safe and nurturing environment that celebrates each child’s learning potential, while developing his or her unique identity. The anticipated outcome of full day kindergarten is to acquire the essential skills necessary to be successful in first grade and beyond.
Goals & Objectives
- To provide opportunities for children to have learning experiences that are child-centered and developmentally appropriate.
- To involve students in hands-on experiences that provide the opportunity for more in-depth exploration of skills and concepts.
- To emphasize language development and appropriate pre-literacy experiences.
- To create the appropriate learning environment that addresses the diverse needs of each student as an individual learner.
- To provide experiences that foster development in the affective domains and encourage all children to recognize and attain their full potential.
- To creatively integrate technology throughout the instructional curriculum, thereby ensuring access to the learning tools of the 21st century.
- To provide experiences that empower families to become partners in the education of their children
“Love this school and the way your child is put first…my child has a learning disability and she has so many champions in her corner….also the weekly videos are a fun way to see what’s going on in their day!!! I love it. All 5 of my kids have gone here, and I have never regretted a single moment of my choice!!!”
– Carrie Downie Parent
How old does my child have to be to attend kindergarten?
How do I register my child?
Please provide your child’s school with the following by August 31st
• Child’s original birth certificate with state seal.
• Proof of residence (i.e. signed lease, mortgage agreement, or current gas, water, or electric bill).
• Proof of immunizations, doctor’s physical exam, lead screening and all required medical tests (a form may be provided to take to the doctor).
• Completed Registration forms