The Colonial School District full day kindergarten program is committed to providing a safe and nurturing environment that celebrates each child’s learning potential, while developing his or her unique identity. The anticipated outcome of full day kindergarten is to acquire the essential skills necessary to be successful in first grade and beyond.
Goals & Objectives
- To provide opportunities for children to have learning experiences that are child-centered and developmentally appropriate.
- To involve students in hands-on experiences that provide the opportunity for more in-depth exploration of skills and concepts.
- To emphasize language development and appropriate pre-literacy experiences.
- To create the appropriate learning environment that addresses the diverse needs of each student as an individual learner.
- To provide experiences that foster development in the affective domains and encourage all children to recognize and attain their full potential.
- To creatively integrate technology throughout the instructional curriculum, thereby ensuring access to the learning tools of the 21st century.
- To provide experiences that empower families to become partners in the education of their children
“Love this school and the way your child is put first…my child has a learning disability and she has so many champions in her corner….also the weekly videos are a fun way to see what’s going on in their day!!! I love it. All 5 of my kids have gone here, and I have never regretted a single moment of my choice!!!”
– Carrie Downie Parent
What do I need to register my child for kindergarten?
- Valid Delaware Driver’s License or Delaware ID Card
- Official Birth Certificate
- Proof of Residence
- Current electric, water or sewer bill
- Signed rental lease, deed or settlement agreement
- Immunization Records
- Home Language Survey - Spanish
- Home Language Survey - English
- DE MKV Student Residency Questionnaire
- RESIDENCE VERIFICATION FORM - Spanish
- RESIDENCE VERIFICATION FORM - English
- Change of Address Form_2019-2020_ENGLISH
- Change of Address Form_2019-2020_SPANISH
- 2019-2020 Student RegistrationCard COL-Spanish
- 2019-2020 StudentRegistrationCard COL-English
All Kindergarten classes in the Colonial School District are full day. You can register at any elementary school in the Colonial School District during school hours. Children who will be five years old on or before August 31 of the current year, are eligible to attend kindergarten. To register a child, parents must bring the child’s original birth certificate, immunization record (including proof of Hepatitis-B immunization and lead screening), a physical or one scheduled, and at least one proof of residence (current gas, water or electric bill, home lease or title).
KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION SITES
Carrie Downie: (302) 323-2926
Castle Hills: (302) 323-2915
Colwyck: (302) 429-4085
Eisenberg: (302) 429-4074
Pleasantville: (302) 323-2935
Southern: (302) 832-6300
Wilmington Manor:(302) 323-2901
Kathleen H Wilbur: (302) 832-6330
EARLY ADMISSION TO KINDERGARTEN
For information on Early Admission, please call Schools Division at (302) 323-2872
How old does my child have to be to attend kindergarten?
Do you provide transportation?
Do you provide breakfast & lunch?
How do I register my child?
Please provide your child’s school with the following by August 31st
• Child’s original birth certificate with state seal.
• Proof of residence (i.e. signed lease, mortgage agreement, or current gas, water, or electric bill).
• Proof of immunizations, doctor’s physical exam, lead screening and all required medical tests (a form may be provided to take to the doctor).
• Completed Registration forms