Voting Day & Times:
- Tuesday, June 6th, 2017
- 10 am – 8 pm
You can vote in the election if you:
- Live in the Colonial School District
- Are at least 18-years old, a citizen of the USA & Delaware
- Show proof of identity and address – driver’s license, passport or state I.D. card
- You DO NOT need to be a registered voter
- You DO NOT need to be a property owner
- You can vote at ANY registered polling place
- Every member of the household is entitled to vote provided you meet the requirements above. Felony records do NOT prohibit people from voting
Polling Places – Open 10 am – 8 pm on June 6th
- Carrie Downie Elementary School
- Carvel State Building
- Castle Hills Elementary School
- Delaware City Library
- Eisenberg Elementary School
- Howard Weston Senior Center
- Kingswood Community Center
- McCullough Middle School
- New Castle Senior Center
- Pleasantville Elementary School
- Southern Elementary School
- Wilbur Elementary School
- William Penn High School
- Wilmington Manor Elementary
Who can vote by absentee ballot?
A person who:
- Is a United States citizen;
- Is a Delaware citizen;
- Lives in the Colonial School District; Is at least 18 years old;
- Completes and signs an absentee affidavit; and
- Cannot vote on Election Day because of a reason on the affidavit.
What are the deadlines?
Return the affidavit 4 days before the election if you want your ballot mailed to you.
You can vote in the Department of Elections Office before 12 noon the day before the election.
Return the voted ballot to the Department of Elections Office before 8 p.m. on Election Day.
- STEP #1: Requesting an absentee affidavit
Download and complete a copy of the official absentee affidavit requesting an absentee ballot; OR
Email or call the Department (302) 577-3464) and ask them to send one to you; OR
Pick one up at the Department
- STEP #2: Return the affidavit to the Department of Elections
The affidavit must be returned at least 4 days before the election in order to have a ballot mailed to you.
For more information about this process, go to the State of Delaware, Department of Elections website, http://electionsncc.delaware.gov/PubSchool/sch_abs.shtml.
- STEP #3: Will the Department of Elections mail an Absentee Ballot to me?
The Department gets your affidavit at least 4 days before the election;
Your affidavit is filled out and signed by you; and
You are eligible to vote in the election.
How do I return my voted ballot?
- Mail it to the Department of Elections;
- Take it to the Department of Elections; or
- Have someone take it to the Department of Elections for you.
Can I vote at the Department of Elections Office?
Yes, if you:
- Come to the Department between 8:30 a.m. and 4 p.m. on normal business days, or before 12 Noon the day before the election.
- Bring a government issued photo ID – Driver’s license, State ID card, Passport, etc.
What if I have a problem?
Call, email or FAX the Department;
Come to the Department before 12 Noon the day before the election.
How do I contact the Department?
- Call (302) 577-3464;
- Send a FAX to (302) 577-6545; or Write or visit the Department:
Department of Elections – New Castle County Office
820 N French Street, Suite 400
Wilmington, DE 19801-3531
Have more questions about the voting process?
Contact The Department of Elections for New Castle County, Carvel State Office Building, 4th Floor, 820 North French Street, Wilmington, DE 19801, phone (302)577-3464, fax (302)577-6545, website: http://electionsncc.delaware.gov.