Good Afternoon Mustang Families,
As the 2020-21 school year quickly approaches, we wanted to share some important updates regardingDeployment/Materials Pick Up, and The Virtual Academy Walkthrough on September 2nd.
DEVICE DEPLOYMENT & MATERIALS PICK UP
All families should make arrangements to attend the Colonial Device and Materials pick up for the upcoming school year. During the pick up, Colonial students will be able to:
- Pick up a new device (if you are new to the District) or exchange a broken device for another one.
- Pick up necessary instructional materials
o 6th Grade:
- Math: Comparing Bits & Pieces and Let’s Be Rational
- ELA: Watsons Go to Birmingham by Christopher Paul Curtis
o 7th Grade:
- Math: Data About Us and Decimal Ops
- ELA: A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness
o 8th Grade:
- Math: Filling and Wrapping and What Do You Expect
- ELA: Code Orange by Caroline Cooney
- Receive a small bag of school supplies to be utilized during remote learning
TIME/DATES: Please attend either date:
- Thursday, August 27th from 4:00 – 7:00 PM or
- Thursday, September 3rd from 4:00 – 7:00 PM
LOCATIONS: You can pick up materials/resources at either location:
- William Penn High School, 713 E. Basin Road, New Castle, Delaware 19720 or
- Gunning Bedford Middle School, 801 Cox Neck Road, New Castle, Delaware 19720
PLEASE NOTE: EVERY Colonial student is entitled to a Chromebook as long as they attend a Colonial school. The benefits of having a Colonial issued device are…
- WE monitor our student devices using web-filtering tools to ensure your student’s safety during both remote learning and face-to-face learning!
- WE can install the correct learning tools required on each student device to avoid student frustrations during remote learning and face-to-face learning!
- WE have technology staff that can easily troubleshoot Colonial devices when issues or problems occur. Our staff cannot provide support for home or personal devices.
- EQUITY for ALL LEARNERS! Giving every student access to devices will no longer be a barrier for student learning!
McCullough Virtual Academy Walkthrough
After spending the summer planning for the return to school, the Colonial School District staff is excited to meet families during Virtual Academy Walkthrough. During this time, families will meet the administrative team and learn about the virtual academy program, student schedules, grade level and behavioral expectations, curriculum, grading, and educational technology platforms. The walkthrough will be held in a webinar format for viewing only. If you have questions, please fill out the Google form prior to the walkthrough. Click here to submit a question
How to attend your virtual walkthrough:
- Each family will receive an invite within 24 hours of the walkthrough date from their school that will include the Zoom session link.
- If you do not receive an invite, please contact your school principal at:William.Johnston@colonial.k12.de.us
Virtual walkthrough date & time for McCullough:
- September 2, 2020 6pm-7pm
Virtual Academy Overview Document:
Linked above is the Virtual Academy Overview. This document shares expectations, guidelines and schedules. Student Schedules are almost complete, once they are completed, they will be available on Home Access Center and on a student’s Schoology portal.
- Directions for student Schoology Access: Here (English) Here (Spanish)
- Directions for parent Schoology Access: Here