Select Page

What happens if we don’t pass the Referendum?

Without a Referendum, cuts must be made because we have been balancing our budget with reserve funds.  Those reserve funds are running out so to continue to operate with a balanced budget, our expenditures must be reduced.  The projected cuts will affect all areas of...

Are the proposed cuts scare tactics?

No, when Colonial was unsuccessful in passing a Referendum in 2013 there were millions of dollars in cuts implemented across the district.  Many students and parents remember the impacts of these very real cuts.  The District was able to restore the cuts after passing...

Doesn’t the state pay for teacher positions?

The state pays for approximately 65% of the cost of each teacher position.  The District must supply the other 35% of the cost with local funds.  As student growth continues to trigger the need for more teacher positions, the District must have enough local revenue to...